Wednesday 9 November 2016

Research into Pop Rock

What is Pop Rock?

Pop rock is a fusion genre that mixes a catchy pop style and light lyrics in its (typically) guitar-based rock songs. There are varying definitions of the term, ranging from a slower and mellower form of rock music to a sub genre of pop music.

A large proportion of pop rock music has been very similar in sound including the instruments used and even the lyrics within the songs. The terms "pop rock" and "power pop" have been used to describe more common successful music that uses elements from, or the form of, rock music. Pop rock has been defined as an "upbeat variety of rock music" represented by artists and bands such as The Beatles, The Script, Maroon 5, and Coldplay.

Examples of Pop Rock music videos; 

The Beatles Example; 


The Script Example;


Maroon 5 Example;


Coldplay Example;

How will this help me with my own music video;
This will help me when making my own music video, as i am able to get inspiration from previous Pop Rock music video to use in my own video. As well as this, i will also be able to compare my finished music video with current videos in this genre and see weather it will attract my target audience and also look professional.  




No comments:

Post a Comment