Thursday 24 November 2016

Digipak Analysis 2

Digipak Analysis 2;




An example of a Digipak in current use is Demon Days by the Gorillaz. Many other artists are using Digipaks and they are more or less taking over as the norm. What is different about the Gorillaz Digipack is that it folds in different ways that the usual sideways fold. it folds from all sides in a quite unique way to show each cartoon character which is meant to represent each band member. By doing this differently it stands and changes the conventional side ways opening digipaks. 

This is an unconventional approach to a digipak as each of the band member is interpreted by a 'cartoon' version of themselves, rather than letting everyone become aware of who they really are or showing the identity of the band members on the digipak. As all of the character head-shots are over a white background it really makes them stand out especially with the fact that they are all represented by cartoon characters. As the bottom side of the digipak isn't shown within the picture or be found from research into the digipak, from generic conventions, this could be where the songs are shown that are on the album as this is where they are generally shown. 


How will this help me with my digipak?

By doing this analysis it will help me when it comes making my own digipak as like my previous analysis it gives me ideas for the overall digipak. Also it will help as it gives me and indication on what needs to be included within a digipak in this genre, which I can then apply to my Pop Rock genre as these genres are very similar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment